The real reason I learned algebra...
So, I took the weight I have gained from 2 months pregnant until 6 months pregnant and graphed it. I then calculated the equation of the line for my weight gain, to predict how much weight I would gain in the next 3 months. I will gain 33% of my total weight by the end of the pregnancy. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds that means you'd be putting on 50 pounds! Needless to say I am a bit surprised that I will increase my weight by more than 30% in a such a short time, a little frightening. But so far I am right on track for weight gain.
Here is the equation of the line if you want to see how much weight you would gain, on average...
y=4x+92.4
Plug your current weight in for x.
Have fun!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm going to have to be nerdy and say that x is your month and b (the number that you add) is your starting weight.
Post a Comment